1. Although it seems that all the steps from wiring to speaker placement can be done by yourself, unless you read the instructions, your approach may reduce the performance of the speaker or even damage the equipment. So whether the manual is dry or enthusiastic, you should read it first.
2. A suitable rack is necessary. One frame per machine. The frame can ensure that the machine is protected from vibration, and separate each machine at a certain distance, which is particularly conducive to heat dissipation.
3. If you have to stack the machines one by one, put the power amplifier on top, because the power amplifier generates the most heat and needs the most heat.
4. Consider that you may have to buy other equipment in the future. When buying a rack, you should buy a rack with more layers to avoid duplication of investment.
5. If the rack has wheels, it will be very convenient to clean the floor under the rack, but if the rack has foot nails, it can be fixed, and the sound effect will be better. Choose a suitable rack, it is best to have both advantages.
6. Check whether the rack can bear the weight for sand filling or add special metal to increase the weight to prevent shocks. Fill the hollow structure of the rack (such as pillars) with sand to prevent loud noises.
7. Also pay attention to the choice of the frame. The glass is very beautiful, but the MDF is better. It is better to have foot nails or damping glue, but if you are using a glass frame and have children, you must Fix it more firmly.
8. There are other ways to benefit your device. Putting the CD player on the spikes (such as those produced by Audioquest), a special platform, or a slab made of wood chips or even a marble slab can help reduce vibration.
9. The record player is more prone to vibration. If it is a room with a wooden floor, the floor also conducts vibrations. Consider fixing the rack to the wall, especially when you wake up in the morning and want to listen to rock early in the morning.
10. The speaker bracket is also particular. If it is a small hall, bookshelf speakers are generally used, and the bracket is very important. You should buy the best shelf, the more stable and hard the better.
11. The level of the foot nails should be adjusted well, and then fixed with a wrench (usually attached to the equipment). Be careful not to over-tighten the screws. For some screws with poor quality, over-tightening will cause slippery teeth.
12. Some audio cables are directional. Pay attention to the plug in the direction indicated by the arrow on the plug. For example, the signal of the CD player is input to the power amplifier, and the signal of the power amplifier is input to the speaker.
13. You can first screw in the cross screws on the wooden floor, and then insert the foot nails on the screws, and pay attention to adjusting the level.
14. Many speakers, whether installed on the ground or on a shelf, benefit from a solid ground.
15. Whether the small speakers are mounted on the shelf with spikes or damping glue, it is best to follow the manufacturer's recommendations, but you can test it first.
16. If you want to install the speaker on the wall, the wall must be stable, and the position of the tweeter should be as high as your ears when listening.
17. Do not put potted plants, table lamps or porcelain statues on the speakers. Some of them may vibrate with music, distracting.
18. If you are indoors, the speaker is too close to the wall will make the bass insufficient, if you are outdoors, it will make the bass too heavy. In any case, do not place the speakers in an angled place, as this will make the bass muddy.
19. A general rule is that the distance between the speakers should not be further than the distance between the speakers and the listener. But most speakers need a distance of at least 1.5-2 meters to produce a good sound and image position. If the distance is too far, it will produce a hollow effect.
20. Adjust the direction of the speakers until the sound image is three-dimensional. The vertical lines drawn from the front panels of the two speakers should cross where you are listening.