On September 7, Shopee released an update on the rules for product listings on Taiwan, China. The original text is as follows:
1. Single commodity listing rules
In order to facilitate buyers to search for target products faster and more accurately, the Shopee platform recommends that sellers put different products on different product pages. Among them, products with different products, brands, series, models (models only 3C/home appliances/tablets), and materials must be placed on different product pages. If the seller violates the single product listing rule, the offending product will be temporarily removed from the shelves and can be re-listed for sale after correction.
From September 1, 2020, the review of event products and advertising products will begin. (Activity products: Shopee theme event products, Shopee limited-time sale products, Shopee group earn products, and Shopee related big promotion event products; advertising products: advertising products)
From January 1, 2021, all products will be reviewed.
Seller A’s shop sells mobile phone cases of different brands and models of mobile phones. When publishing goods, he can publish different models of mobile phone cases of the same brand together; however, he cannot publish different models of mobile phone cases of different brands together.
Example: The phone cases of different models of Huawei phones can be put together, but not with the phone cases of Xiaomi phones. The case of Mi mobile phone must be published on a separate product page.
The different options of multiple products being placed on the same product page are violations;
If multiple products are sold separately, multiple product pages need to be created;
It is possible to sell multiple products in combination.
2. Preferred sellers pre-sale product restrictions
From now on, if the pre-sold products of preferred sellers exceed the proportion, the qualification of preferred sellers will not be affected, but the number of products on the shelves will be limited to 500. When the seller adjusts the proportion of pre-sale products to the standard, the number of products on the store shelves will be restored.
3. New rules for listing products on mall sellers
1) Marketplace sellers are not allowed to place promotional information in front of the product title. The correct format is: brand + product name + specifications + store name + other/promotional information. From now on, if the mall seller fails to fill in the product title as required, the corresponding product will be temporarily removed from the shelves and can be re-listed for sale after correction.
2) New mandatory information for product attributes. If the mall seller adds a new product or edits an existing product, you need to fill in the newly added required information before it can be successfully put on the shelf after passing the review. If you do not fill in the information as required, the corresponding product will be temporarily removed from the shelves and can be re-listed for sale after correction.